Managed Choice® POS Plan
(CSR & CWA Local 1298 employees only)
Choice when you want it; coordination when you need it.
Selecting a PCP
When you enroll in Managed Choice POS, you are required to choose a primary care physician (PCP) for yourself and each covered family member.
A PCP can be a general practitioner, family practitioner, internist or pediatrician. You may choose a different PCP for each member of your family if you like.
- Serves as your personal health care manager.
- Provides basic, routine care such as checkups, health screenings and care for everyday health problems.
- Coordinates all of your care and will refer you to an in-network specialty care provider when you need care that he or she can't provide.
- Files claims for you. This can save you time and hassle.
- Takes care of precertification. This is an approval process that's required for certain types of care.
You can change your PCP at any time. Just use Custom DocFind® to find a new PCP, then log in to Aetna Navigator® or call Member Services to request the change.